Tuesday 27 May 2014

I went to the ZOO! Part 1

This bank holiday weekend has been dreary weather wise, and I was beginning to feel rather cooped up being inside hiding from the weather, so when on Sunday the rain ceased and the clouds parted I jumped in the car and went to the Zoo with my mum. :)

The Zoo (well really its a wild life park) is really awesome and has two options for going around, you can walk or better yet, you can go in a truck (safari style) and drive through the inclosures. Guess which I picked... The animals were really close and my finger was constantly snapping away on my camera, the truck ride was wonderful if rather bumpy. I can't remember the names of half of the animals we saw, but I will share my favourites with you now. I warn you this entry will be picture heavy! :D



RHINOS
Beautiful elephants
Zebras, slightly blurry as this is where I nearly flew out of my seat when we went over a bump.

First there was 1 giraffe...

Next there were 2...

Then 3... they were getting closer and closer....
They got close
Like really close, I could have easily reached out to touch them.
The ostrich wouldn't play ball and so the only shot I have is with its neck down :(


Next to the reptile house
Lizard

Tortoise, funny story, when we walked into the reptile house we could hear a strange, errrrgh, sound then quiet and then errrrgh again, almost like wood creaking against wood, turns out daddy tortoise had found mummy tortoise and was trying to increase the size of their family. Picture not included due to discretion, ahahahahaha.

Creepy crawlies.


Green tree frog, I think.

Iguana

This snake just stuck me as super cool! Look at the way its hanging on that branch :O
Back outside
MEERKATS

End of PART 1 I'm doing it in two parts purely because I'm to lazy to sort through all of my 164 photographs I took that day, but the rest will be up by the end of the week latest.

Love
TheCB

No comments:

Post a Comment